Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring Fling

My mouth has been watering all week, knowing that my mom was going to bring her carrot cake to San Antonio this Sunday. Apparently, she made an estimated one hundred and seventy five of them in high school. 
My Grandpa Packy is always the life of the party, and today was no exception at my Aunt Marilyn's "Spring Fling" Garden Party. Supposedly, he is turing 80, but I think he may be kidding. He sure acts about my age. 

Weezie loved all the Stones!
Packy is loving "Treme" on HBO. Man, I wish I had HBO! 
There were football shaped candles on the cake, but it was too windy to light the candles. Here, Packy biting into one, for a not-so pleasant surprise. Lisa invited everyone over for Thanksgiving, and I am excited already. She knows how to do a perfect Thanksgiving feast. 
echinacea

Even though we were celebrating Marilyn's birthday, she gave a hand wrapped and thoughtful present to each guest. It was such a generous thing to do.  It was just like her.
Great minds dress alike. The fashion forecast is out: Panama hats are the hottest thing this spring. 
Milo, our once timid dog, who is gaining more and more swagger by the day with the help of Doug's new nickname for him, "Wolfie", guarded the party and barked at Packy.
Packy wasn't taking any chances

Doug drove me back home. It was so nice of him. Being the passenger was so relaxing, and also nice to get to chat.
It was a perfect day.
 I am so lucky to have these wonderful people in my life. 
This garden is home to so many beautiful plants and memories with family. It is neat to think of all the years we have come together to celebrate the springtime. It's such a joyful time of year. All of those who couldn’t be here this year were with me in my heart


2 comments:

  1. I want one of those cute panama hats!!! Where did you purchase such a gem sweet beckster?! P.s. You are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Uncle Mark brought my Grandpa Packy's home from a trip to Ecuador. It's funny you commented, because I texted you the day that I got mine, a few days after our thrifting expedition in Fred. Mine is from J. Crew, but it's not made by J. Crew, it was also made in Ecuador. Go getcha one! I've been lovin' mine. And the head dress is sure coming in handy, too.

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete