Friday, May 13, 2011

Growing




One of my biggest blessings this month was joining Leigh Vallely's pilates studio. (She is the woman in this video)


Its been almost a year since I have taken a course in the arts, and I had forgotten how much I thrive in that kind of an environment. I pretty much idolize the owner of the studio. She teaches some of the classes. When she gives me any praise I get so happy and think about it again and again through out the week. It makes me want to grow, grow, grow.


She was taking a class on Wednesday that I attended and she was on the mat besides me (not teaching). As I watched her move out of my peripheral I felt overwhelmed by reverence, admiration, and maybe even fear...it was amazing. She is really inspiring.


From the get go, I felt pretty intimidated by her (and still am)-probably because she has this amazing body, a nice and cool voice and is just very composed and neat. But the coolest part about her is that she is SO NICE. So, I shouldn't be that intimidated, but I am.


It's nice to have people to look up to. I have many, and I am glad to have found another in my life.


I hope to be a part of the advanced class within the next six months. Practice makes perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment