Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sub-let-luck

My plans for my summer in Chicago are moving right along. It's so great when you put faith in everything working out, and sure enough, it does.


I had one Craigslist offer on my place a couple weeks ago; a girl from Virginia. I promptly internet stalked her and found a mutual friend who told me that she is more than trustworthy. What a relief that was.


Then, last week my mom gave me contact info of Adam and Lauren Allen, who just agreed to sublet me their Lincoln Park place for a total steal. I couldn't be happier.  It's a 3 mile walk, and quick subway ride to where I will be studying, which is going to be so nice. Man, I never thought that I would have all this squared away so early.


I imagined myself having this great story wherein I arrive to Chicago with a bag, no place to stay and I have to rent a hostel for a few nights with Europeans. One of the Europeans and I fall in love with each other and with the windy city and never return home. 


Oh well, I'm sure there will be other good stories.

1 comment:

  1. It does sound like a nice story, but I'm glad you have a place to stay! You're hilarious. Love you

    ReplyDelete