Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Seek and ye shall find...


Well, I usually don't do too much preaching, but my discovery yesterday at New Bohemia on South Congress is undeniable proof that miracles do happen.

The shoe pictured above has seen better days. She and her sister shoe were bought at a Lamar boutique called Fettish in college, to be worn in April of 2006 in the wedding of my dear friend, Leslie Guinn (now Jerkins) in Memphis Tennessee. They were more than I usually pay for shoes, but I thought they were really something special.

The pair was my favorite set of shoes post highschool, but all good things must come to an end, and with each wear in the past few years, that fact was becoming more and more evident. I wished and wished that I could find another set, but the outlook was dim.

I went into New Bohemia on Sunday and loved 2 1960's party dresses, but decided to sleep on them, and come back if I was still thinking about them. On Monday, I set out to make them mine. While in the dressing room, I overheard quite the "high maintenance" customer, to say the least. When I was ready to checkout, she was asking the clerk to validate every proposed item she was hesitantly trying to purchase. It was pretty crazy. Her checkout time could not have been under 20 minutes.

Trying to be patient, I tried browsing the shoe rack and sighted a nearly identical pair of my cherished silver snake 2 and 1/2 inch heels!
"But shoes are always so darn petite in vintage stores, these'll never fit...maybe I can get them for Katie who wears a size 7 1/2", I thought to myself.

I slipped on the shoe, which fit like a glove, and winked at the big man upstairs.

1 comment: